Delta 1 – Day 17

Posted Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 at 9:44 am

Delta 1 Trip Update Day 17 – Kieran, Program Director

This morning everyone was up at 4 a.m. in order to see off our first airport run: Mike, Tyson, Max, Riel, and Paul all left to catch their flights after saying some quick goodbyes. We then fell back asleep before waking up at 7 a.m. so we could pass under the bridge and bring the boats to docks.

Our next airport run including Ben, Morgan, James, and Nick then headed off after a quick breakfast and a few last-minute airplane letters.  Then, as soon as our van returned to the boat, our last two students Liz and Abi left for the airport as well.

Departure day is always a bit of a whirlwind, what with some folks staying up writing airplane letters, and everyone saying goodbye to the early morning crew. The day flies by, until all of a sudden us staff members are left wondering where our students have disappeared to…

I would like to give thanks to all of the students in this program as well as all of my staff members who have made this program a success. I hope that you have gotten a fun little  snapshot into the day in the life of a student on the Delta Program!

Related Trip Updates