Alpha 1 – Day 8

Posted Sunday, July 1st, 2012 at 11:08 am

This morning we dropped our mooring ball at the Bitter End Yacht Club and had a long downwind sail to Cooper Island.  There, we did a silent mooring ball pickup, during which the students had to communicate using only hand signals.  Danielle and Katie took some time to relax on shore, and the rest of the crews went SCUBA diving.  When everyone returned from diving, we prepped a veggie lasagna dinner and had a quiet night on board willed with card games and even fondue on Isle of Skye. Here are the crew of Persephone’s highlights of the day!

My favorite part of today was going SCUBA diving. It was a fun new experience and I can’t wait to do it again tomorrow! -Avery

My favorite thing about today was when Danielle and I got some refreshing drinks and relaxed on the beach -Katie

My favorite part of today was going SCUBA diving for the first time! I saw so many gorgeous creatures and sea life. I hope I see even more of it later on! -Molly

My favorite part of today was drinking virgin strawberry daquiris with Katie and relaxing on the beach -Danielle

I liked just spending some time relaxing and drawing today. -Connor

My favorite thing about today was the SCUBA dive. It was one of the best dives I’ve ever done! -Noah

Related Trip Updates